In Doug Freeman We Trust
Doug Freeman is a multi-talented Austin hero. The former Austin Chronicle writer, and current occasional columnist, has also co-authored the essential “The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology” which was released in March (much to the Gopher Editor’s musical benefit). Beyond his musical knowledge and journalistic prowess, it has also come to our attention that the one Doug Freeman is also a Tech Startup savant, world traveler and consumer of the best dive fare this city has to offer.
It should then be not at all surprising that we tripped all over ourselves when he agreed to choose a setlist to celebrate Volume 2. And he did not disappoint: the tunes have enjoyed a prominent spot in our rotation ever since.
And lest we gush too much about Doug, we leave you to judge for yourself. But not before adding one last, very important thing: he is also the nicest dude you’ll ever meet. We heart D.F.
01. Triveni – Rodrigo y Gabriela
02. Just Like Heaven – Kat Edmonson
03. Tonight The Streets Are Ours – Richard Hawley
04. Comeback Kid [ That’s My Dog ] – Brett Dennen
05. Pickin’ Up the Pieces – Fritz & the Tantrums
06. 100 Yard Dash – Raphael Saadiq
07. Detroit – The Bright Light Social Hour
08. Up Up Up – Givers
09. Take on Me [ A-ha ] – A. C. Newman
10. Words of Love [ Buddy Holly ] – Jessica lee Mayfield
11. You Can’t Buy a Gun – Holly Golighty
12. Cello Song – The Books feat. José González
13. Don’t Let Me Down – M. Ward
And the music:
Photo Credits: Max Marshall!